Let's eat better
What you eat, and how much, is so important for your health and your waistline
It can feel tricky to make sure we eat enough fruit and veg - don't forget your 5 A Day to achieve a healthy, balanced diet.
Ways to cut down
Get the right balance
It can feel tricky to make sure we eat enough fruit and veg - don't forget your 5 A Day. The interactive Eatwell Guide shows how much of what we eat should come from each food group to achieve a healthy, balanced diet.Find out more >
Most of us could do with eating less sugar, especially added sugar (extra sugar added by manufacturers or you at home). Cut down by watching out for sugar when you shop and start making some smart swaps.Find out more >
Eat less salt
Try simple ways to cut down on salt. Most of the salt we have is already in the foods we buy. Don't add salt to your food automatically – taste it first, it probably already tastes good! Shop for low-salt or reduced-salt foods, and watch out for salt by checking the labels.Find out more >
Is the cost of living affecting you? Let's see if we can help...
The Mill Community Grocery - Bolton is open for the people of Bolton, helping to keep families fed and give members access to support too.
Download the free
Easy Meals app
Our free Easy Meals app is a great way to eat foods that are healthier for you. Search recipes by meal time and create shopping lists.
- Search over 150 easy, calorie counted recipes across breakfast, lunch, evening meals and puddings
- Find delicious meal ideas using our simple Meal Mixer
- Save your favourite recipes to access later
- Keep track of what you need with the handy shopping list, save or email ingredients to make your shopping easier
- Learn more about being food smart and making healthier choices